meal plan monday - 3/2/2020
We have an insanely busy week, so I'm trying my best to keep things simple. I'm also in a baking mood - NOT a cooking mood - so we'll be eating yummy desserts after our simple dinners!
I also have to say that I am ordering FOUR containers of Vibrant Meals Chicken Salad because my kids loved it so much! I bought one for myself and one for them last week and they all absolutely loved it. It's an absolute miracle to find something all four of my boys like, but this chicken salad with Good Thin crackers, fruit, and yogurt-covered raisins was the hit of lunch time last week. Want to try it? Enter JAMA-10 at checkout for $10 off your first order!
For the first time, I'm just giving you link to a recipe...becuase it is absolute perfection. So much so that I actually emailed the blogger to tell her how great it was!
So here you go: if you're from Northeast Tennessee you know what a Petro is, this is the closest you'll get to making one at home. If you're not from around here, a Petro is the best chili dish you'll ever taste. You're welcome.
Copycat Petro from Andreas Cooktales
My afternoon snack this week!
1 scoop Vegan Latte Shakeology
8oz unsweetened soy milk
1 cup frozen berries
1 sliced, frozen banana
Place soy milk, berries, banana, and Shakeology in blender and blend until smooth. Prepare for the consistency of a Wendy's Frosty (i.e., you'll need a straw AND a spoon)
Meal Plan Monday
Remember, if you want to try out Vibrant Meals, enter JAMA-10 at checkout to save!
Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and top each with a sprinkle of real sugar (trust me, the little bit of REAL sugar on top makes these muffins absolutely perfect). Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, remove and cool completely.
2 cups gluten free flour (I use Bobs Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour)
10 tbs Earth Balance Spread
2 tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
32oz Chicken Broth
3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Place chicken breast and broth in Instant Pot, seal, and select "poultry."
Place flour in food processor with Earth Balance, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pulse until it resembles wet sand. Slowly add soy milk, 1 tbs at a time, pulsing until mixture forms a dough ball. Form small balls out of the dough and set aside.
Once chicken is done, shred using two forks, then add dough balls one at a time to chicken/broth mixture in the instant pot. A little extra gluten free flour will help to thicken the mixture. Change IP setting to "saute" and simmer until dough balls are cooked through, around 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Meal Plan Monday
Gluten free Vanilla Cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line 2 muffin pans with cupcake liners.
2. Place butter, sugar, and melted coconut oil in large mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed for 5 mintues, or until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating for 20 seconds after each one. Beat in vanilla.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl and whisk together. Add half to the butter mixture and beat until fluffy and incorporated. Add soy milk and rest of flour mixter and stir until combined.
4. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full and bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool completely.
1. Place melted butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and Ovaltine to mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
2. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
As a busy mom of four and full-time fitness coach, I've learned to balance healthy recipes with quick and easy foods my family enjoys. Here I share some of my favorites.