Gluten and Dairy Free!
I figure if I'm going to stress-bake, I might as well share my recipes! This is an old favorite that I've adapted to our food intolerances. With practice, I've made the altered version taste even better than the original!
- 1 stick of plant butter (I just tried Country Crock Plant Butter and the consistency is amazing!)
- 1 1/4 cup sugar divided (sorry, but real, unhealthy sugar is the best for this recipe. It's a treat. Just go for it.)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup gf all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6oz vanilla Greek yogurt (even with our dairy sensitivities, we do ok with Greek yogurt, but a soy or coconut milk yogurt would work just as well)
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen - thaw first if using frozen, slice if using fresh)
Add sugar and plant butter to a large mixing bowl. Mix with electric mixer until fluffy. My Kitchenaid mixer with the whisk attachment is perfection. Add eggs in one at a time and continue to mix until incorporated. Add vanilla.
In a separate mixing bowl mix together dry ingredients. Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix. Add 1/2 the Greek yogurt and mix. Repeat.
Add strawberries to batter and gently fold in with a spatula.
Spray a large glass rectangular baking dish with cooking spray and add batter. Top with extra strawberries and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until top is golden brown and set. It will continue to cook once removed from the oven, so don't worry if it isn't completely done in the middle!
Let sit in warm baking dish for 30 minutes. Serve warm. Or cold. Its good either way.